Methods of Giving
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and donations are tax-deductible ot the full extent of the law. No goods or services were provided in exchange for this gift. Please consult your tax advisor regarding specific questions about your deductions. If you need the EIN for tax purposes, please contact Mary Gildersleeve, Parish Business Manager, 703-494-4008 .
Cash/Check: Checks should be made payable to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church noting any specific details in the MEMO section of the check. These checks may be placed in the Offertory, handed in at the Parish Office or dropped in the mail to:
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church
12807 Valleywood Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
Credit Card/One-Time Gift: To make a gift or pledge electronically via credit card or to set up an automatic payment from your bank account, you may use:
- text-to-give – text a specific dollar amount to 703-570-1535. You will be asked to complete a one-time registration. After completing the registration, you can text other amounts to the same number, 703-570-1535.
- one-time gift – by going to FAITH DIRECT and following the directions, you can by-pass registering fully on Faith Direct.
- enroll in Faith Direct – for either this Capital Campaign 2021 ONLY or for all your parish contributions, ENROLL HERE and follow the directions.
- set up automatic bill-pay – check with your financial institution on how to automatically make recurring payments directly from your financial institution
Gift of Stock/Property: Charitable gifts of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds, as well as gifts of property (e.g., homes, farmland, crops, or livestock) may offer special tax advantages. To arrange a gift of this type, contact the Parish Office at 703-494-4008. These transactions will go through the Diocesan Development office for all secure processing.
Corporate Matching Gift: A matching gift program provided through your employer may allow you to increase the value of your gift at no cost to you. Many companies match charitable gifts made by their employees, retirees, or board members. Check with your company’s human resources department for the proper form, then contact the Parish Office at 703-494-4008.
Charitable IRA Distributions: Individuals who are 70 1/2 years of age can make use of their required minimum distribution (RMD) from their IRA or ROTH IRA by making a “qualifying charitable distribution” directly to the capital campaign. Please consult your financial advisor. Make sure to have your IRA institution write the check payable to: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church. Also, make sure to have them include your name in the paperwork so that we know who to thank for the contribution.
For any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach-out to Mrs. Gildersleeve 703-494-4008.
All Gifts Matter! Your gift makes a difference.
The Meaning of Your Gift
Your generous support for the Legacy of Faith, Foundation for Our Future Capital Campaign will:
- Address the demands to bring facilities and grounds maintenance up-to-date.
- Increase the functionality of our facilities and grounds to be more user friendly, more community building and secured meeting spaces.
- Create a campus atmosphere where our young and not so young come to pray and grow spiritually.
Commemorating Your Gift
There will be future memorial opportunities. Please note that specifics will evolve as we move forward through the stages of diocesan and county approvals. You may wish to reserve one of these opportunities now.
Some examples are:
- Parish library
- Religious goods gift shop
- Benches in campus connector
- Statuary in campus connector
- Rose Window in new Vestibule
- Stations of the Cross (14) along perimeter path
- Mysteries of the Rosary (20) along perimeter path
- Benches on perimeter path
Other opportunities may include trees and engraved brick pavers. All gift levels and memorials will be acknowledged in our memorial gift-tier book to be permanently mounted in the Narthex unless donor requests anonymity on the pledge card.
Please contact the Parish office to request further information about the specifics.
The dollar listing of a Memorial offered does not represent the actual value of the item listed. Memorial values are based on the opportunity that is given to recognize a family or loved one and associate their name with the item. As the projects and memorial items are still in the planning stage, there is a chance some memorials may not be completed. Thus, if a memorial item is not completed, then the associated gifted funds for the memorial will become a regular, general campaign gift.
For any questions or comments, please click HERE to send an email.