The majority of the Sacramental Preparation Program for Confirmation takes place during a child’s 8th-grade year. It is a 2-year preparation program that begins in 7th grade. Confirmation is the sacrament wherein a soul receives the full outpouring of the Holy Spirit and is fully initiated into the life of the Church.
Registration for Family Faith Formation and Sacraments is now open. Click below to register.
Confirmation Class Dates
(Upper Seton Hall at 3:00PM):
Oct. 30, Jan. 8, Feb. 5, Apr. 23
Confirmation Preparation Requirements
- have received the Sacraments of Baptism, Penance, and Eucharist
- be enrolled in our Faith Formation classes continuously or attend catholic school or homeschool program in order to receive confirmation. If the family has just moved into our parish, details of the candidate’s religious formation from their previous parish must be provided to the Faith Formation Office
- attend Faith Formation class, Confirmation preparation classes, retreat, and Confirmation practice.
- complete some type of service for our church or community and provide details of the project(s) to the Pastor
- have and submit proof of Baptism
A Candidate’s parent must attend the Confirmation Parent meeting to ensure that the family understands the process at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton. The first Confirmation Meeting will be held in October.
Candidates are required to turn in all required paperwork (saint name reports, sponsor information, pastor letters, etc.) by their due dates.