The majority of Sacramental Preparation Program for Confirmation takes place during a child’s 8th grade year.
Confirmation is the sacrament wherein a soul receives the full outpouring of the Holy Spirit and is fully initiated into the life of the Church. Listed below are our policies for the reception of the sacrament:
- Candidates must have received the Sacraments of Baptism, Penance and Eucharist.
- Candidates must be enrolled in our Religious Education classes continuously or attend catholic school or homeschool program in order to receive confirmation. If the family has just moved into our parish, details of the Religious Education from their previous parish must be provided to the Religious Education Office.
- Candidates must attend Religious Education class, Confirmation preparation classes, retreat, and Confirmation practice. They must also do some type of service for our church or community and provide details of the project(s) to the Pastor.
- A Candidate’s parent must attend the Confirmation Parent meeting to ensure that the family understands the process at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton. The Confirmation Parent Meeting is held usually in October.
- Candidates are required to turn in all required paperwork (saint name reports, sponsor information, pastor letters, etc.) by their due dates.
Please contact the Religious Education Office to have your child on the list for the 2019-2020 Confirmation Preparation Program.
Religious Education Office